Back when the federal income tax code was one-eighth its current size, Albert Einstein said that personal taxation was the most confusing force in the universe. Business taxation is even more inscrutable. That’s why a good tax lawyer is a great business investment. Our tax attorneys will save you from the mistakes and misinterpretations that can cost your business time and money. Having both tax and business expertise, we will scrutinize your every transaction and proactively plan to minimize its tax consequences. We will be meticulous in our review of your transactions and operations to ensure that taxes don’t impede your business. And should you need representation in a tax audit, we’ll be in your corner there, too.
Underberg & Kessler represents a wide range of companies and high-net-worth individuals in both tax planning and tax audit work. Our Tax Practice Group has experience in all types of corporate reorganizations and transactional tax planning.
Our services include:
- Individual and business transactions
- C Corp and S Corp taxation
- Taxation of partnerships and LLCs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Divisions and recapitalizations
- Qualified compensation plans: pension and profit-sharing plans, 401(k) plans, simple 401(k)s, uni-ks and cafeteria plans
- Non-qualified compensation plans: salary continuation, deferred compensation, split dollar insurance, incentive stock options and stock appreciation rights
- Qualification and governance of tax exempt organizations
- Civil and criminal controversy
- Tax credit planning
- State matters, including sales tax, Brownfields development credit and real property