Labor and employment law is a constantly changing and ever-expanding field of practice. It is also one of the most costly, time-consuming and commonly litigated areas in law today. That is why having our labor and employment attorneys on your side—whether to help prevent claims or to vigorously defend your interests in litigation—is your key to success.
The essence of labor and employment law is people. It is not only about protecting your business, it is about resolving conflicts with employees. Our labor and employment law attorneys will help you mediate grievances before they become lawsuits. We will help you draft policies that forestall future problems and protect your employees. If necessary, we will aggressively litigate cases on your behalf. But more important, we can help you stay out of the courtroom, avoid costly lawsuits, and create a more congenial and stable workplace for employee and employer alike.
We represent businesses of all sizes with issues that employers must confront every day. We also represent public employers regarding those same issues, as well as those that are unique to public employers under New York State law.
Our services include:
- Labor law compliance
- Protected category discrimination, including harassment
- Defamation allegations
- Employment and wage and hour class action defense
- Employee benefits, including pension plan design and interpretation
- Trade secrets and confidential information
- Non-competition/non-solicitation agreements
- Drug and alcohol policies
- Employee fraud, embezzlement and misappropriation
- Prevailing wage matters
- Tortious interference
- AIDS and other HIPAA privacy issues
- FMLA issues
- Overtime and other wage and hour claims