The word “litigation” conjures up visions of Perry Mason, star witnesses and dramatic cross-examinations in stately courtrooms. In reality, good litigators do all they can to avoid costly trials. Negotiation, legwork and cost-management are just as important as courtroom skills in making sure that a lawsuit doesn’t burden your business and your life.
Because litigation can be stressful, costly and time-consuming, it often diverts attention from core business. Underberg & Kessler’s Litigation Practice Group has the experience to handle complex disputes while effectively managing costs. We take the time to carefully assess the overall impact of litigation on your business operations and your bottom line.
Whether arguing in the courtroom or negotiating a settlement, we are your team and we play to win. We have achieved beneficial outcomes for a variety of public and private clients. We handle general civil litigation matters in all New York State and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as alternative forums such as arbitration and mediation.
We have considerable litigation experience in:
- Employment disputes
- Shareholder, corporate and partnership disputes, and accounting and dissolution proceedings
- Intellectual property, including patent litigation, trademark and copyright matters
- Insurance defense
- Environmental and toxic tort matters
- Construction disputes
- Land use and zoning issues
- Defamation actions
- Negligence actions
- Medical malpractice
- Personal injury actions
- Commercial contracts
- Employee fraud, embezzlement and misappropriation
- Trustee liability
- Contested wills
- Class actions
- Divorce and family law
- Discrimination—race, sex, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability—and sexual harassment
- Non-competition, non-solicitation and tortious interference claims
- Tax assessment challenges